Ngorongoro Tortilis Camp - What to Expect
The highest of the Ngorongoro Tortilis Camps is situated in the Ngorongoro Highlands, where the vegetation is a lush deep green and the air is thin. This is the place the Maasai call home.
Location - A Long Way Up
The Staff - Maasai Magic
The super friendly manager explained that up here, because the Ngorongoro Tortilis Camp is so close to the Maasai villagers, they interact very closely. In fact, a couple of guests were about to tie-the-knot in an authentic Maasai wedding!
The local chief and his people have offered this pulsating experience and unique spectacle to those staying at the Ngorongoro Tortilis Camp, and it turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip.
It’s amazing to be looked after by people who live close to the area and know the place so well. The willingness to share their proud land and ways is complimented by the warmth and attention to detail throughout the stay.
There’s so much to do in the Ngorongoro Highlands area and our Tortilis Camp is situated perfectly to make the most of the many activities.
- All day Safari drive in the Ngorongoro Crater with pic-nic lunch at a watering hole
- Outdoor lunch or dinner in a specially appointed area for privacy. Staff take care of every need
- Hike Mount Makarot from camp (Half day activity at least)
- Sundowner drinks from viewpoint over looking Lake Eyasi
- Get Married! Maasai wedding
- Bush fire and drinks at sunset
- Elegant mess tent for meals
- Bar area with fully stocked bar and friendly dedicated bar-tender at any time
- Lounge and games area to relax in. This space has books on birds and information of the area, sofa’s to relax on and is generaly a great area to comfortably spend time in.
- Hot water for showers
- Bathroom, private lavatory
- Fresh laundry and towels
- Large four poster bed with mosquito nets
- Turn downs by staff while you have dinner
- Bush Babies - these are the cutely named hot water bottles that the staff prepared for us to warm the beds up before turning in.
Book your own Ngorongoro experience
The Tortilis Camps are tremendously warm and welcoming, it’s so easy arriving and so difficult saying goodbye.
If you would like to visit the Ngorongoro Tortilis Camp, contact the booking Team. They’ll create a custom trip that meets your specific wishes to leave you with everlasting memories.